Shortcut - Find your IPv4 Address
Where you are already connected to the VostroNet network, you are able to open a web browser and go to vost.ro/mine. If you are connected to VostroNet correctly, you will be provided with your User Name, IP Address and MAC Address.
The following guide provides details on how to find the IPv4 Address of your Windows 8 or 10 PC/Laptop using the command prompt.
You may also be asked to confirm this information when contacting VostroNet for technical support.
To locate your IPv4 address by this method you must already be connected to a network.
Wireless devices should join the VostroNet or VostroNet Connect wireless network.
Ethernet devices should be connected directly to a wall port.
Proceed with the steps below if you are having issues with the shortcut.
1. Click the Start button and type "CMD" into the search box/windows
2. CMD or Command Prompt will be shown in the menu. Right Click, and select Run as Administrator
3. Select "Yes" on the security confirmation message to continue.
4. A black window will open. This is the Windows Command Prompt.
In the command prompt, you will need to type this command: "ipconfig" then press Enter
5. Look for the IPv4 address listed under the Wireless LAN adapter Wi-F or Ethernet adapter Ethernet depending on your connection.