Here is a simple method for connecting the PlayStation 3 system to the VostroNet network. The following procedure describes a typical setup when connecting to the VostroNet network via WiFi and ethernet.
Connect your device to our network
Power your console on and connect it to our network.
- Wireless: Join the VostroNet Connect wireless network from your console.
- Ethernet (LAN cable): Where available, connect an Ethernet LAN cable directly from your console to the wall port in your room (or the E1/E2/E3 port on your wall-mounted wireless access point).
Add the PlayStation 3 console to your account
1. Using another device, sign in to the VostroNet Portal
2. Select the Your Devices option from the menu.
3. Click on ADD DEVICE and add the PS3 MAC Address to your account.
Test your connection
1. Test your connection to the PlayStation Network (PSN)
2. Your console should now be connected and able to access online gaming and multimedia services.
3. If you are having difficulty, sign in to the VostroNet portal from another device and check that you have an active plan and you are within your usage limit.
You can also register the device to your account, directly from the console's web browser:
- Follow Step 1 above to connect your console to the network.
- Open your console's Internet Browser
- Visit the web address https://vost.ro/legacy
- Enter your username and password for sign-in
- Exit the browser and test your connection to the PlayStation Network (PSN)
Please note this login method is offered to support non-standard browsers on legacy devices. The legacy login is very basic and will not display error messages. If your login does not work, use another device to sign on to the VostroNet portal and check your device limit and plan.
VostroNet is limited in the amount of support it can provide for the configuration of individual devices. For further assistance refer to the instruction manual of your device or contact the manufacturer for support.