This guide will show how to update your network adapter drivers on Windows 10. This may solve problems on WiFi dropouts and speed issues.
Check the network adapter driver is up to date
Perform the following steps to check that your network driver is up-to-date:
- Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand Network adapters.
- Select the name of your adapter, right-click it
- Select Update Driver Software.
4. Click the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions
6. Click close to complete the task.
If Windows Update doesn't have any new drivers available, you should also check your computer manufacturer support website to download the latest driver.
A few popular brands are below:
Of course, if you can't connect to the internet, you'll need to do this from another computer with an internet connection, and then save the driver on an external drive and manually install it on your computer.
After completing the steps, use your web browser to verify you have a working internet connection.